November 30, 2017
If you are considering orthodontic work to enhance your smile, you have many options. Conventional metal braces are excellent at re-aligning your teeth, but many adults are hesitant to because they don’t want to appear younger and deal with the hassle of avoiding different foods. Fastbraces® are a great option if you want to be able to eat everything on the Thanksgiving table.
Here are some of the foods you must avoid when you have traditional metal braces:
- Nuts – nuts are hard and often get stuck in metal braces. Add caramel, a traditional fall pairing and you have a really bad combination for your teeth.
- Crunch chips – these types of snacks can get stuck between the metal parts of your braces. It’s best to avoid them, but with Fastbraces® you won’t have to.
- Apples, celery and carrots, unless cut into small pieces – these foods are great to snack on before the turkey is served, but may damage braces.
- Popcorn – if your family tradition includes popcorn and a movie after dinner, with Fastbraces®, you won’t have to avoid the damaging popcorn.
- Cake, pie and ice cream – with braces, it’s a good idea to minimize sugary and starchy foods which stay on your teeth longer than just while you’re eating. Don’t give up your favorites.
- Sweet tea or soda – Sugars are damaging to your teeth, whether you have braces or not. With braces, you have to be even more careful about exposing your teeth to sugary drinks. Make sure to rinse your mouth with water after eating and drinking.
Fastbraces® are a faster method of straightening your bite and aligning your teeth. Adults and youth can often achieve results in as little as 120 days. However, you do need to talk to your dentist to make sure you are a good candidate for this option.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Patel to learn your choices to straighten your teeth and have the smile you’ve dreamed of.